I have been a very poor blogger. I can't believe it has been as long as it has been since my last post. Of course, if you are a friend or acquaintance, you know that in November my husband and I were hit doubly when my mother and his father died within four days of each other. From mid-November, it was all systems go as we traveled to the States for two weeks for my mother's memorial service and in order to take care of her final business. We returned and immediately drove from Edinburgh Airport, where our car was parked, down to Sussex for my father-in-law's funeral. So, whilst my blogging absence is excusable, it is something that must be remedied.
In addition to going through all the family stuff. I have been very
busy with my sterling and gemstone work and this page has been the main victim of my 'busy-ness' in other areas. But I am going to attempt to resolve that by making myself a schedule that will
include the very important part of my business that is blogging!
If you have checked out the offerings on
the Selkie’s Haunt website (www.selkieshaunt.com),
you will note that I am continuing to work with the beautiful lampwork glass
beads of Anita Lawrence. I love Anita’s work – the abstract use of colour to
create amazing depth and intensity of colour and design. I have two large
rectangular beads of Anita’s to work with and hope to be working with those
very soon. I also have some wonderful
new focal beads of natural stone, so those will soon be gracing the pages of
the website. Look for new pieces that
showcase ocean jasper and African green opal, amongst others.
I intend to work more with copper sheet in
the months to come in order to create more geometrical and dimensional
jewellery. Working with copper and bronze is very rewarding and whilst the
stones aren’t as sparkling and enchanting as the AAA-grade stones of the
Ailleas Designs by Martha Mawson, I get great enjoyment from the work. I can do
more with the metal because I am not constrained by weight limits regarding
hallmarks.
I also intend to create some beautiful bracelets
in the weeks to come. At this point, there are no bracelets available on the
website. I simply haven’t had time up to this point, but my scaling back on
markets means I have more time to create. I couldn’t be more thrilled than I am
with the proposition of spending more time in my studio creating beautiful
jewellery.
I am going to close this blog by
highlighting one of my favourite new pieces. This necklace with matching
earrings is called ‘Purple Rain.’ The focal bead is a stunning rainbow fluorite
with its shades of purple and green. The necklace is made up of A-grade
amethyst cubes, deep purple amethyst rounds and beautiful green fancy jasper.
The earrings are comprised these same stones. Be sure to see the listing on the
website for full details and price.
As always, I thank you for your interest in
The Selkie’s Haunt and hope you will find a piece of jewellery there that
speaks to your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment